Global Missions at OGC
Our God is a global God who loves all tongues, tribes, peoples, and nations. One of our core values is to send our best as seen in Acts 11:19-30. Below are just a few of the missionaries that we are proud to support.
OGC Sending Values*
Who/What Do We Support?
- We seek to invest in people who have a clear gifting, calling, and an effective track record.
- We seek to support those who exibit not only servanthood and holiness, but cultural intelligence and sensitivity.
- We seek to support those who have clear goals and well-thought out strategies to pursue these goals.
- Additionally, we seek to support those who align with our Serving Method Values as outlined below.
- We also want to give tangible priority to people who check one or more of the following prioritized Spotlight Areas.
- Global Church Planting - part of our affiliation with Acts 29 is a commitment to spend 10% of our total general fund on church planting efforts domestically and globally. We have a growing domestic church planting line item that is overseen by our elders, so there is a burden on efforts that are tied to global church planting.
- Nationals - as some of our global church planting partnerships mature and nationals begin to be raised up we should help those nationals as able take increasing ownership.
- Places where the Holy Spirit is clearly moving - these places are going to evolve over time as God moves.
- Acts 29 - we don’t always have to support things that are Acts 29 but we do want to give some additional consideration given our common affiliation.
- Italy - given the long history, fruitful track record, and numerous relational ties, and the maturity of the ministry itself – we want to continue to fan the flame of the advancement of the Gospel in this context and especially in efforts coming out of Salerno.
- Congregational, Credobaptism, and Confessional - while these distinctives are by no means firm requirements, given that our church holds these principles to be the most biblical form of ecclesiastical government and practice, we will naturally give some priority to churches who practice what we believe to be healthy and biblical ecclesiology.
- Members - we want to continue to give consideration for people who are (or were) members at OGC, especially if those persons have any connectivity to some of the other focus areas.
Serving Method Values
- Holistically - Reaching out to individuals and communities with the whole gospel in both word and deed in line with (or similar to) OGC’s Head, Heart, and Hands Ministry Philosophy.
- Targeting Self-Sustaining Solutions and Focusing on Lasting Change - Honoring the dignity and giftedness of communities by engaging them in active participation in the process of serving their communities while seeking transformation and development that will have a long-term impact upon people and communities.
- Building the Church - Committed to building, establishing, and/or working in cooperation with the local church.
- Together with OGC - Committed to building a long-term relationship and partnership with Orlando Grace Church that engages our congregation in financial support, prayer, and encouragement.
*Taken in part from Missions Values of Christ Community Church in Bloomington, IN
OGC Global Missions Committee
The Missions Committee exists to promote and support global missionaries and global church planting efforts from within OGC. The missions committee is responsible for evaluating and responding to one-time and ongoing support requests, performing evaluations of supported households, executing missions emphasis at OGC, and broadly keeping global missions visible and tangible.
Need to contact the missions committee? Email: email@example.com